Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 106: Home Sweet Home


(Mile 1677 to 1699, Oregon border = 22 miles)

Well, after 106 days and 1699 miles, we are out of California.  We are finally in a new state!  Unbelievable.

A stonecrop? Second breakfast delight.
We crossed just a little while ago.  A celebration, but a bit subdued on my part.  My feet (heels) were in some pretty intense pain all day.  Usually, this fades after half an hour of walking.  But today neither numbness nor Aleve touched them.  Needless to say, I was a bit crabby today.  But we did get our fun in.  Gumby walked into Oregon on her hands; I cartwheeled in. 

We still don't know what to think of each other.
Tomorrow, we hit the 1700-mile mark first thing.  Less than 1000 miles to Canada.  And at our pace, we should be there before October.  But first we have all of Oregon awaiting us!  I cannot wait to string together all of my Oregon hikes and to put continuity into the different ecologies.

We're in Oregon country now! Finally.
Maybe we'll see some of you around!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a stonecrop to me. Seeing the photo, you two have learned to smile through the pain! :-) Lou

    ReplyDelete