Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 53: Pictures Are Worth 1000 Words

(Mile 767 to 767.  And Whitney!  16 miles.)

There is not much to say about today.  The photos say it all! 

We summited Mt. Whitney.  It was fantastic.  I love the Sierras ... It is going to be difficult to go back to Oregon after this.

Enjoy!
My first view of the sunrise. We departed Crabtree Meadow at 1 a.m.

Pre-dawn over the Sierras.  You can feel the magic.

It was an 8-mile well-graded ascent. We couldn't see for the first couple of hours.

Gaps in the wall gave way to views of the sunrise. They would later give cell reception!
I loved Whitney.

I hiked with Snow Turtle and Navi. The guys (Bolt, Natty, Agassi, Orny) hiked ahead of us.

The summit of Mt. Whitney. The highest point in the lower 48.  Phew!

H-a-p-p-y.

The PCT summit group shot. Thanks for getting me out of bed, ya'll!

Scouter's mouse on Whitney. I made it, buddy!

Forever an interpreter. 

The descent.

A yellow-bellied marmot visiting Itchy and Scratchy. Adorable beggars.

Gumby was lost and now she is found!

Guitar Lake. The Sierra lakes are gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. these pictures are absolutely breathtaking -- thanks so much! I've never seen (or could have imagined) anything like those "ice aisles"! Wow! They look like they were made just for you! Happy trails --

    ReplyDelete